Monday, October 29, 2012

Fall Product Favorites

I'm a creature of habit when it comes to beauty products. 
I have my tried-and-true go-to favorites that I don't often stray from.
Recently, I've made an effort to break that habit and I'm really glad I have!
Whenever something catches my eye,  I research reviews on www.makeupalley.com 
to make sure I don't waste my time and money.
You can search any product and read all about it. Many people share their skin type and tone along with their reviews, so it's easy to know which assessments will be most applicable to you.
Here are some of my finds that I'm really excited about!


 When it comes to foundation, I usually go for higher-end makeup brands. 
I love MAC Face & Body Foundation for light to medium coverage 
and Make Up For Ever HD Invisible Cover Foundation for medium to full coverage.
It goes on well with a fluffy face brush like the Sigma F80 Flat Kabuki 
or just use your fingers. I love the airbrushed finish of this makeup and the low price/drug store availability doesn't hurt either!

I'm obsessed with the oxblood color trend this fall season. This rich brown-burgundy hue is the most 
wearable red I've seen and works on every skin tone. 
Last month I picked up Essie Nail Color in Bordeaux and I've had it on ever since.
This weekend, I went in search of the perfect oxblood lipstick to wear to an upcoming event and came home with L'Oreal Colour Riche Lipcolour in Spice. I tried it on it's own and I loved it, then I combined it with MAC Lipstick in Dark Side and loved it even more!


I've tried so many different bronzers over the years and my all time favorites 
are two that I've discovered in the past few months.  
Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzing Powder  (it's made with real cocoa and smells like chocolate!) and Smashbox Bronze Lights in Suntan Matte. Both are great for all over color or just for contouring. 
I love both of these because they don't contain a shimmer. I think shimmer is something to add on your own, when you want it.  I also think that glowy look is more summery, so these bronzers are great for the fall and winter months!
I use my Sonia Kashuk Domed Multipurpose Brush for application.

In the colder months more than ever, lip balm is the product I use more than any other.
In my opinion, the best balms are Maybelline Baby Lips and eos Smooth Spheres.
Baby Lips is available colorless or in a few sheer tinted options, both come in various scents, Smooth Sphere offers a medicated balm, and both work fabulously! 

When it comes to hair products, I think less is more - less heat processing, less product buildup, less time.  I've found one product that covers all of those things. 
I just finished my third bottle of got2b Rockin' It Dry Shampoo by Schwarzkopf.
Not only does it get rid of oily roots but it volumizes better than most volume products. I use it on days I want to skip my usual wash, blow-dry, & heat process to revamp yesterday's look and I also use it whenever my roots need a lift - even on clean hair. 

The other hair product I use consistently is Bumble and bumble. Surf Spray.  I use this to enhance my hair's natural texture without weighing it down with a heavier mousse, gel, or cream.  I spray it on towel dried hair before drying with a diffuser and curling with an iron (it makes a huge difference in helping my curls stay longer) or just spritz it on damp hair, scrunch, and air dry for a natural wavy look.

 It may not be considered a "beauty product", but I swear by taking hair, skin, and nails vitamins. My hair and nails grow stronger and faster and they help keep my skin clear 
even though I've never been good about keeping up with a skincare routine. 
I've noticed the most significant difference in my nails since taking these vitamins. They grow like crazy! I've noticed improvement in my hair quality more than length but my painfully slow-growing hair does seem to be speeding up.  The price is great and makes it simple to maintain daily use!

Go out and try new things! You'll be glad you did. Let me know if you try any of these products and love them as much as I do!

For styling prices/availability email hali_carr@yahoo.com
Message me on Facebook www.facebook.com/halicarr
Follow me on Instagram - @halicarr



















No comments:

Post a Comment